‘Noel Nights’ and ‘12 Days of Christmas’ Celebrations in Newton
NEWTON, NJ – The merchants of the Downtown Newton Association (DNA) are hosting “Noel Nights” and the “12 Days of Christmas” promotions in the upcoming weeks before Christmas, to celebrate the holiday season.
Over the weekends on Friday and Saturday Dec. 11 and 12 and Dec 18 and 19 the “Noel Nights” will be part of the festivities in Newton’s Downtown. During Noel Nights there will be musical performers making their way along Spring Street and performing on various spots on the street during the evenings on Fridays and late afternoons on Saturdays. Individual merchants and restaurants will also offer special events in their stores during this time.
Plus, Wednesday Dec 9 kicks off the “12 Days of Christmas” Festivities, which lasts through Dec. 22. What types of exciting happenings can one expect during the “12 Days of Christmas?” The merchants in Newton will be offering specials each day during the promotion period, which will be broadcast on the Enjoy Newton NJ Facebook Page daily. About 20 specials every day are expected to appear throughout the promotional period.
What are some examples of promotions during the “12 Days of Christmas?”
- Crown Barber is offering “holiday cheer” on Day 6, discounts on Day 7 for those serving in the military, the “Everyone Eats” promotion on Day 10 (bring in a can of food for donation and receive $4 off on that day’s haircut, or for a discount later), and 30 percent off the Friday before Christmas.
- Inner Designs by Robin Lennon will have a new special offer on both the Enjoy Newton and Inner Design Facebook Pages through Thurs, Dec. 24. Hats, table runners, jewelry, olive oil soaps, shea butter, scarves, hats, wraps, color consultations and much more will be among the offers. The store will be open for extended holiday hours and will be open until 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- The “Small Gifts” Exhibit kicks off on Sat., Dec. 12 with the Sussex County Arts and Heritage Council.
- Feels Like Home is hosting its Lionel Train event, including giveaways, and the opportunity to win a Lionel Train item on Sat., Dec. 12.
- There are upcoming holiday themed performances to enjoy at The Newton Theatre.
- Newton’s restaurants will be offering a range of food and beverage choices and specials.
- Specials every day during the “12 Days of Christmas” at PB&J Stores, Maxwell & Molly’s Closet, the SpringBoard Shoppes and many other retailers and restaurants throughout Newton. Specials will be shared on individual store and restaurant social media sites and the Enjoy Newton NJ Facebook Page.
Parking in specified lots in Downtown Newton are free throughout the holiday season.
Newton now offers free shuttle service that makes stops throughout the downtown between Sussex County Community College and Thorlabs.
Follow the DNA website for more happenings throughout the holiday season and beyond at www.downtownnewtonnj.com.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.