Smoke Condition from Cooking
DATE: 08/08/14 CASE:14-08830
LOCATION: Bergen Trail
WAS ANYONE INSIDE:Yes
WAS ANYONE INJURED: No
WAS ANYONE KILLED: No
ANY PETS INJURED OR KILLED: No
WHAT FIRE DEPARTMENTS RESPONDED: Hopatcong
WHAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE: Pasta
WHERE DID IT START: Kitchen stove
IS ARSON SUSPECTED: No
WHAT IS THE EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE: Just smoke
ANY OTHER INFORMATION: An intoxicated resident left pasta on the stove and fell asleep. She was awoken by neighbors who saw smoke coming out of her windows. When Officer Maresca arrived he found the resident outside on the steps with a fan blowing smoke out of her home. The water had boiled over and left the pasta to burn inside the pot causing the smoke condition. The Hopatcong Fire Department responded with a large fan and helped the resident remove the smoke.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.