Reasons Newton Should Be a Downtown Destination This Holiday Season
NEWTON, NJ – The holiday spirit has hit Downtown Newton, with the streets glowing with twinkling lights and the Christmas Tree as a centerpiece on Spring Street.
The festive atmosphere is one of the many reasons to come to Newton this holiday season. The others:
- Noel Nights on Friday and Saturday Dec. 12 and 13 and Dec. 18 and 19, with great activities and fun planned.
- The “12 Days of Christmas” promotion running from Wed., Dec. 9 through Tues., Dec. 22, with about 20 special offers daily from participating stores and eateries.
- Free Parking in Lots #1 (Adams), #3 (Western), #4 (Central) and #5 (Eastern).
- Each of the many merchants host their own special events and sales in their stores.
- The free shuttle in Newton traveling the loop from Sussex County Community College to Thorlabs, and many great destinations in between.
- Holiday Shows at The Newton Theatre including A John Denver Christmas, A Christmas Carol, Christmas With The Celts, Imagination Movers Reindeer Party and Twelve Twenty Four.
- Fine Clothing, Lingerie and Accessories at PB&J Stores, including specials throughout the store.
- Toys, Treats, Sweaters, Coats, Premium Foods and more for your canine family members at Maxwell & Molly’s Closet and the chance to receive a $5 gift certificate to be used in February for every $50 purchase.
- Some great gently used treasures at the various thrift stores on Spring Street, including vintage favorites at Decades.
- An array of cuisine throughout town at Newton’s many eateries, including Asian, Italian, Irish, Mexican, New American, German, Caribbean, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Chicken and Waffles, Breakfast favorites and much more!
- Enjoy Luna Wine, craft beers and decadent LoPinto’s Chocolates each Fri. and Sat. in December at dre’s.
- Open Mic Night, Karaoke, live musical entertainment, tap takeovers, Christmas and New Year’s Eve bashes and tons more fun at the local hotspots around the area like O’Reilly’s Pub, The Barrel House Bar & Restaurant, Spring Street Pub & Grill and The County Seat.
- The nostalgic train displays at Feels Like Home and antique furnishings at Kudzu Emporium.
- Feels Like Home’s Lionel Train event, with giveaways and the opportunity to win a Lionel Train item on Sat., Dec. 12.
- Fabric wreaths, custom couture, handbags and furnishings from Inner Designs, plus, special offers during the 12 Days of Christmas, with the store opened through Christmas Eve
- Sussex County Arts and Heritage Council hosts their “Small Gifts” exhibit reception on Dec. 12.
- Paint & Sip every Friday night at the Spring Street Art Center at The Springboard Shoppes.
- Coffee to go from Brenda’s Diner, The Table and 4 Chicks Cafe.
- Time to be pampered, from Crown Barber, Salon Di Panache, CJ’s Barber, The Scissor Joint, Salon FiG, His N Hair and Soho Nails.
- A “giving back” opportunity from Crown Barber on the 10th Day of Christmas – “Everyone Eats.” Bring in a can of food to be donated and receive $4 off on a haircut to be used that day or later. Plus, discounts on Day 7 for servicemen, “holiday cheer” on Day 6, and 30 percent off the Friday before Christmas.
- Many offerings including Gift Cards and Gift Certificates from restaurants and merchants throughout town.
Follow all of the happenings during the holiday season from the Downtown Newton merchants and eateries on Facebook at Enjoy Newton NJ, and the Downtown Newton Association (DNA) website www.downtownnewtonnj.com. Shop and dine local during the holidays and throughout the year.
2646 Total Views 1 Views Today
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.