Stephen Skellenger Announces Republican Primary Run for Franklin Borough Council
To the Franklin Borough Community,
Hello my name is Stephen Skellenger and I’m running for the Republican nomination for Franklin Borough Council in the June primary. Since I was a child I have always had an interest in politics. Whether it was attending a council meeting, just listening to the issues, or volunteering on campaigns, I have always been enthralled with local politics. I believe that the ability to be involved in our local government and having the chance to make an impact in my community is one of the greatest opportunities that living in the United States has to offer. That is why I have turned in my petition so that I can be on the ballot. I am looking forward to this journey and all the challenges that come with it.
If elected I propose the following ideas to lead Franklin Borough and its residents to a prosperous future.
- Public Safety is priority number one, we must support or Police, Fire, EMS, and all local first responders.
- I propose once a month to hold a meeting at town hall to listen to the concerns that the citizens of Franklin have, and then I would take those concerns back to the council to discuss.
- I will seek the guidance and expertise of respected members in our community on all town matters.
- Hold the line on spending. Fiscal Responsibility for every dollar spent.
- Work to bring new ratables to town by continuing to develop Route 23 as well as looking for ways to revitalize our once thriving Main Street. We need to do this by working to strengthen our infrastructure.
I am young and energetic and come to the table with fresh ideas, no hidden agendas, and the time to dedicate to the citizens of Franklin Borough. I ask for your vote on June 2nd. If you have any questions, or if you would like to help with the campaign, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time,
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.