Merry Christmas Everyone!
I just wanted to Thank Everyone for their Incredible Generosity this year regarding the Sparta Boy Scout Troop 150 Adopt A Family Program! Hundreds of people are going to have a Happy Holiday, get the warm clothing that they need as well as the meals that they would not have had if it weren’t for all of you!
The Adopt A Family Program this year raised over $11,000! The Troop more than exceeded its goal and it wouldn’t have been possible without all of you! Thank You So Much!
As in the past, the Boy Scouts each earned on their own $15 to $20 that they then contributed to the program. Our Troop matched what the Scouts contributed and the rest came from donations!
So how did we do?
1) We shopped and bought for 63 families in need or close to 200 people! Items on everyone’s gift list this year (they look very different from ours) were winter coats, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, scarfs and most importantly, new, clean socks! We also purchased developmental toys for young children (kids do need a few toys on Christmas Morning) and some basic household cleaning items that many of the parents asked for for Christmas.
2) In additions to the specific families we supported, we also purchased gifts that went to 47 homeless individuals.
3) We purchased gifts for 26 children in Domestic Violence Shelters.
4) We also bought gifts for 14 Women who were in severe crisis situations.
5) Lastly, and like last year, we also bought gifts for students (children) who live in improvised areas.
6) In addition to the warm clothing items purchased, we also bought food for the Food Bank at the First Presbyterian Church in Sparta NJ who feeds families in and out of the County. This year we purchased approximately 4,000 food items that went into food bags that were distributed to over 500 families on December 16th and 17th.
Again, none of this would have been possible without all of you and I can’t begin to Thank You Enough for your support of the Adopt A Family program and Sparta Troop 150!
Attached are some photos of the Shop Night, Gift Delivery (each black bag represents gifts for families and white bags are additional items that were purchased) and the Food Purchase before it was loaded on the trailer for delivery to the Food Bank!
Some have asked if a donation can still be made and if you wish to do so, please do. Please make checks out to Boy Scout Troop 150. Every dollar raised on this program is spent on it!
Thank You All Very Much and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All of You and Your Families!!!!!!
My Very Best Regards and Sincere Thanks,
Sparta Boy Scout Troop 150