Free Program Focuses on Educating Seniors
SPARTA, NJ – The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics. This free program will take place at The Sparta Senior Center in Seasons Adult Community Center, formally Knoll Heights, beginning on April 23, 2015 from 12 noon until 2:00 P.M. and is open to anyone 60 or older. This program runs for six consecutive weeks and concludes on May 28th. Lunch is served each week and a $20.00 gift card is provided to seniors that attend 5 sessions.
The educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new people and:
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive
Free refreshments will be served at each lesson, and all program participants will be eligible to receive gift certificates and other free giveaways.
For more information, please contact Cindy Meakem, CHES at 973-383-4787 ext. 226.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.