The woman who claimed that at age 13 in the 1990s Donald Trump and millionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein raped her announced through an attorney on the evening of Nov. 4 that she dismissed her case.
The New York Daily News was one of the first to break the story, reporting that a one-page dismissal was submitted to Manhattan Federal Court on Friday on behalf of the plaintiff.
The Daily Mail published the woman’s name and photograph as “Katie Johnson,” on Nov. 4 following her announcement. It was under that name, according to the Mail, that she first filed the suit against Trump in California. Click here for their story.
“Johnson” aka “Doe” canceled a press conference minutes before it was to begin on Nov. 2 with claims that she was receiving threats, according to Los Angeles attorney Lisa Bloom. Bloom did not file the complaint and other pleading documents in New York Federal Court. The press conference was planned to be rescheduled at a later date. Two days later, the plaintiff dropped the case. Click here to read LawNewz’s coverage of the press conference and here for the coverage of the dismissal of this case.
InsideScene.com published an objective analysis of this story in August, with an interview of Richard Pompelio, founder of the New Jersey Crime Victims’ Law Center. Pompelio visited many facets of his case in his reply to our request for comments. Click here to read our previous story.
In our article Pompelio not only noted that he did not “see much good coming out of this article,” but he also stated that the lawsuit will “probably cause further harm to the plaintiff as well as having a negative impact on the rights of crime victims throughout the nation. Victims of violence are wounded individuals who need to rely on the integrity, wisdom and good judgment of those individuals, from both the public and private sectors, who will be addressing this situation in one form or another.”
The plaintiff, who was coined “Jane Doe” in court documents, had already dealt with a dismissed case in her home state of California in May 2016, due to insufficient evidence that her civil rights were violated as she had alleged in her pleading. “Jane Doe” then hired Thomas Meagher, a New Jersey patent attorney, to file the suit against Trump and Epstein for $75,000 damages.
The plaintiff amended her complaint on Sept. 30, stating that there was an occasion that Trump tied her to a bed before forcibly raping her. She made claims of rape, sexual misconduct, criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse, forcible touching, assault, battery, intentional and reckless infliction of emotional distress, duress and false imprisonment. Click here for this court document and others that LawNewz made available for public viewing.
Epstein, already convicted of crimes against minors, is now a central figure in an ongoing investigation along with Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner and others, for pedophilia. Bill Clinton, along with Hillary, were both frequent fliers on Epstein’s “Lolita Express.”
The Daily Mail uncovered felony drug possession and a drug abuse history in “Katie Johnson’s” history. She told the publication that she did not recognize Trump as her initial attacker in 1994 until she watched The Apprentice. She told the Mail that the attacks she endured in that year have changed the course of her life, especially fostering feelings of mistrust in relationships.
“Johnson” aka “Doe” additionally posed with attorney Lisa Bloom in a DailyMail photo.
Trump has denied the claims “Doe” aka “Johnson” has made against him. His company’s general counsel, Alan Garten told the Daily News that the claims made were “categorically untrue, completely, fabricated and politically motivated.”
Bloom, a civil rights lawyer, Tweeted the day after “Doe’s” aka “Johnson’s” case was dropped, “One woman bows out, another takes her place. NEW VIDEO: my client Lisa Boyne reveals Trumps vile way to judge women.”
Like what you read here? Stay on the scene with Inside Scene. Click here to follow us on Facebook for all of our stories.